top of page

Preparing for Tax Day

Track Your Refund
It’s Quick, Easy and Secure. You will need social security number or ITIN, Filing Status and exact refund amount.



Make a tax payment with a credit
To pay your tax liability with a credit

Official IRS Form & Publications
Use IRS Forms & Publications Search to quickly find and download current forms, instructions, and publications.


Texas Tax Forms
Use this link to search for all Texas Tax forms including Franchise Tax forms.

Additional Resources

Required documents to keep on file:

  • Copies of Driver's License or State IDs

  • Social Security Cards

  • Proof of Residence for dependents claiming EIC

Income Documents:

  • Income from jobs: forms W-2 for you and your spouse

  • Investment income—various forms 1099 (-INT, -DIV, -B, etc.), K-1s, stock option information

  • Income from state and local income tax refunds and/or unemployment: forms 1099-G

  • Taxable alimony received

  • Business or farming income—profit/loss statement, capital equipment information

  • If you use your home for business—home size, office size, home expenses, office expenses.

  • IRA/pension distributions—forms 1099-R, 8606

  • Rental property income/expense—profit/Loss statement, rental property suspended loss information

  • Social Security benefits—forms SSA-1099

  • Income from sales of property—original cost and cost of improvements, escrow closing statement, cancelled debt information (form 1099-C)

  • Prior year installment sale information—forms 6252, principal and Interest collected during the year, SSN and address of payer

  • Other miscellaneous income—jury duty, gambling winnings, Medical Savings Account (MSA), scholarships, etc.

Other tax documents:

  • IRA contributions

  • Energy credits

  • Student loan interest

  • Medical Savings Account (MSA) contributions

  • Moving expenses (for tax years prior to 2018 only)

  • Self-employed health insurance payments

  • Keogh, SEP, SIMPLE and other self-employed pension plans

  • Alimony paid that is tax deductible (for tax years prior to 2018 only)

  • Educator expenses

  • State and local income taxes paid

  • Real estate taxes paid

  • Personal property taxes—vehicle license fee based on value

  • Estimated tax payment made during the year, prior year refund applied to current year, and any amount paid with an extension to file.

  • Direct deposit information—routing and account numbers

  • Foreign bank account information—location, name of bank, account number, peak value of account during the year

Tax deduction documents:

  • Child care costs—provider’s name, address, tax id, and amount paid

  • Education costs—forms 1098-T, education expenses

  • Adoption costs—SSN of child, legal, medical, and transportation costs

  • Home mortgage interest and points you paid—Forms 1098

  • Investment interest expense

  • Charitable donations—cash amounts and value of donated property, miles driven, and out-of-pocket expenses

  • Casualty and theft losses—amount of damage, insurance reimbursements

  • Other miscellaneous tax deductions—union dues, unreimbursed employee expenses (uniforms, supplies, seminars, continuing education, publications, travel, etc.) (for tax years prior to 2018 only)

  • Medical and dental expenses

bottom of page